Søstrene Grene Fall 2014

I've been in nesting mode recently and have had a strong urge to renovate and renew aspects of my apartment as practically everything suddenly feels outdated or out of place. Since I've had a bit of free time on my hands the past couple of weeks I decided to use it to test my imagination and DIY skills.

It started innocently enough, I painted my bedside tables as I've been meaning to do for a while, and bought a few little things here and there. All very practical and useful, as I convinced myself in an attempt to circumvent the dreaded feeling of buyers remorse - successfully, I might add.

But as I realised how easy it is to change a room with something as simple as hanging something on a wall or repainting a bedside table, I haven't been able to stop myself from wondering what else I could change so simply and so easily.

With the help of Pinterest and various blogs on interior design and home renovations I've managed to fill my head with ideas and plans to change things around my apartment that suddenly seem so wrong or out of place.

Although, having a bit of self control and a smidge of common sense, I have decided to take some time to think over the large scale renovations until I've fully decided and thoroughly planned exactly what I want to do and until then I'm focusing on the little things I can do to brighten up the place.

It doesn't have to be big and fancy - just something simple that's able to affect the ambience of a specific room or space.
Which brings me to my newest infatuation - Søstrene Grene's new online catalogue. Søstrene Grene is one of my favourite places to go for simple and inexpensive items for the home. 
I'm simply in love with this catalogue that's filled with simple yet beautiful items that'll be available in stores September 5th. 







And it so happens, that in celebration of this catalogue and all the new and beautiful things, they're having a giveaway! See their Facebook page for details - this particular giveaway is exclusive to their locations in Iceland.