Grimes / Claire Boucher



Claire Boucher, a.k.a. Grimes, is a young Canadian musician/artist whose creative work and unique style make her impossible to ignore.


 She describes her own work in these words:
the only means through which I can be fully expressive. It is both an ethereal escape from, and a violent embrace of, my experience. The creative process is a quest for the ultimate sensual, mystical and cathartic experience and the vehicle for my psychic purging. Visions was conceived in a period of self-imposed cloistering during which time I did not see daylight.”


Her own description of her experience when she decided to barracade herself in a room for three weeks without food, sleep or company:
"Once you hit day nine, you start accessing some really crazy shit.You have no stimulation, so your subconscious starts filling in the blanks. I started to feel like I was channelling spirits. I was convinced my music was a gift from God. It was like I knew exactly what to do next, as if my songs were already written."


http://grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/