Bring on the clouds and the rain...

The weather hasn't been so great this summer in Reykjavík so I've been having a tough time really getting in to high summer trends like whites and brights and have instead been focusing on what's to come - fall.

I've always inclined toward fall and winter fashion anyway so instead of fighting the urge and trying to get in to a summer mood I've decided to embrace the grey clouds and the rain and start thinking ahead a few months.

My first fall obsession is coats - particularly longline coats and duster coats, and I've been going a bit insane looking around and thinking I need one in every possible length, fit and colour… Although I eventually decided that I need only two - one statement piece and one that goes with everything.

So, I recently purchased my statement piece, an oversized check coat from Warehouse (top right photograph), and now I just need to find that one perfect coat that goes with virtually everything I own.

I've prepared myself for a long and thorough search… below are just a few ideas.